"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Today's Visit

I had a pleasant visit with Mushroom Clouds and Mushroom Men: The Fantastic Cinema of Ishiro Honda author Peter H. Brothers today at his home in Agoura Hills, California.

Above, Pete with his "baby."

As I had to go to nearby Thousand Oaks to pick up a new battery for my notebook computer (I have to return it tomorrow, it appears to be defective), and since Pete's home was nearby, I stopped in to pick up a copy of his book along with fliers and business cards. Since I am meeting with Japanese book dealers and distributors during my trip to Japan next month, we thought it may be worthwhile to show them Pete's book and generate some interest.

Above, Armand and his "baby."

I also gave Pete a copy of The Monster Movie Fan's Guide To Japan along with some business cards I just had made in preparation for the Japan trip. He wanted to pay for the book, but since I received a review copy of his book, compliments of his publisher, I told him it was my pleasure to return the favor.

Over coffee, we discussed our respective book-selling experiences and some plans to do some joint activities over the next year. (Stay tuned!)

It dawned on me as I was writing this that the photo of Pete (above) was taken one year and three days ago on November 14, 2009! Where did the year go?

1 comment:

Peter H. Brothers said...

Enjoyed your visit and you enjoy your visit to Land of Rising Sun!!!

Search This Blog