"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Monday, July 11, 2011

"Godzilla" Strikes Nebraska


Well, a "Godzilla" hit Nebraska yesterday. It is a Godzilla as far as I'm concerned.

I received some bad news this morning from my tenant farmer:

Hi, Armand. Had a big storm go thru last night. It hailed and wind broke alot of corn. Turned in fields to adjuster. They will not be out for two weeks so will not have any idea till they come out to amount of damage. It is a very sick feeling when this happens. My wife and I are going to go to see her sister in Kansas City so will be gone a couple days. It was a 50 mile strip that went thru.


As bad as this is, I have to thank my lucky stars (and a little prodding from my crop insurance agent) that I got the crop insurance paperwork in before this happened. So we're covered for any losses.

Someone was sitting on my shoulder!

Having natural disasters, be it windstorms (including tornadoes), hail or other perils, striking crops are just a hazard that farmers have to deal with. It is always a risk. This isn't the first time this happened as I remembered my mom had to deal with it on more than one occasion. Sooner or later, this will happen again. We've been lucky for the past several years. That's why there's crop insurance.

It is too bad this happened as the crop this year looked great. About a week or two ago, the corn crop was waist high.

"Nature has a way sometimes of reminding Man of just how small he is. She occasionally throws up terrible offspring's of our pride and carelessness to remind us of how puny we really are in the face of a tornado, an earthquake, or a Godzilla." - Ending narrative by Raymond Burr from "Godzilla 1985."


Or a hail storm.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

There have been a lot of changes with crop insurance. I can’t wait to learn more. Do you know any other good resources?

Sue Lord said...

Finding the right Crop insurance is vital in order to protect your business from the unexpected. Agriculture.com is a great resource for researching your options and staying up to date on what is available. They have the latest news, updates, and reports for farmers and other agricultural businesses, including information on crop insurance. While I do work for them, I have worked in the field of agriculture for years and have yet to find another resource that can compare to them. They honestly offer a lot great information there, as well as the chance to interact in their forums, share stories, promote my business, and buy or sell products and services. You should check them out.

Armand Vaquer said...

My agent is at First Insurance Agency in Shelton, Nebraska. They are excellent agents and keep me informed on everything. They can be reached at P.O. Box 639, 119 C St., Shelton, NE 68875. I am very pleased with them.

Anonymous said...

yes bro good thing u hav insurance this will defenitly help

Search This Blog