"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Saturday, July 15, 2017

See The Grand Canyon The Right Way

Above, the Grand Canyon from Yaki Point. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

During the past couple of years, while talking to people about national parks, I found it surprising that many of them have never been to Grand Canyon National Park. A lot of people have never been to Yosemite National Park either.

Personally, I've been to the Grand Canyon about five times, one of which was to the North Rim. The views from the North Rim are equally spectacular (some say it is even more so). The North Rim is actually at a higher elevation than the South Rim. At the North Rim, you'll find yourself amoung pine trees, whereas, on the South Rim, it is desert terrain. My most recent visit was to the South Rim last November.

The entrance fee into the park was $30, but my Senior Pass got me in free.

Above, The Beast at Yaki Point parking area. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

If one has never been to the Grand Canyon, Do It Yourself RV has some great tips on seeing it "the right way".

They begin with:
When I began planning our trip to the Grand Canyon, I wasn’t excited in the least.

So it’s one of the seven natural wonders of the world – I’d seen pictures. 
It’s just a bunch of red rocks and cliffs in the middle of a bland desert – so I thought. 
It looked cool enough, but I assumed it would be the kind of place to hop out of the RV, take a few pictures, and keep driving onto someplace less well known. 
But I was wrong! 
Not only did the Grand Canyon blow my mind, I still get goose bumps just thinking of the view. 
To do the Grand Canyon the right way, you’ve got to visit more than just the main event
You’ve got to do a little exploring and sightseeing away from the main touristy points of interest.

To read more, go here.

No comments:

Search This Blog