"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Tuesday, December 26, 2017

Tarzana Black Bear Diner Opening Day

Above, the front counter and cashier area. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

The Tarzana Black Bear Diner is now open for business and I stopped in for dinner this evening.

I was immediately seated in a booth next to a front window and given a menu that is newspaper style on newsprint.

Above, black bears were everywhere, even on the curtains. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

The menu itself was on pages 2 and 3 while pages 1 and 4 were articles about Tarzana circa 1955.

However, no server came to take my order for over 15 minutes. "Opening Day jitters"? Finally, my order was taken and was given some coffee. My dinner (chicken parmesan) arrived not too long after my order was taken. The portions were big and the meal tasted good. I couldn't eat it all. On a scale from one to ten, I would rate the food 8 and the service as a 6.

Above, my chicken parmesan. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

The portions were so large that I had to pass on dessert, and I had my eyes on either their peach or blueberry cobblers.

I would go there again. Hopefully, the servers will be much faster next time.

No comments:

Search This Blog