"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Sunday, August 29, 2010

A Feeling Of Accomplishment!

Above, Kinokuniya Bookstores in Little Tokyo.

It is a great feeling of accomplishment to have one's book deemed worthy enough to be carried by a major bookstore. It was also a thrill to actually see The Monster Movie Fan's Guide To Japan displayed on their shelf in their Japan travel section (below).





When I was contacted the other day by the Little Tokyo (Los Angeles) store of Kinokuniya Bookstores, I was understandably ecstatic!

It is also heartwarming to receive kudos from so many people. I have to, humbly, thank them for their encouragement and congratulations.

Additionally, I found that the Pillow Talk Japan (catchy title, isn't it?) blog has carried the news of Kinokuniya Bookstores' latest acquisition. To view the article, go here.

I wish my mom were still around to see this. I've mentioned this before, but a few days before she passed away, I was showing my cousin Maria the layouts of the Guide at my mom's. My mom was nearby on her couch. She heard us discuss the book and she said, "It's about time you're getting paid for all the work you do!" She never did grasp the concept that "all the work" I did was just for the sheer enjoyment of it.

Even now, although I am getting paid for the Guide's sales, the money isn't really the main factor (I've even trimmed the wholesale price on the Guide to help push it along here-and-there), but it does help to pay the bills. To me, the feeling of accomplishment is priceless!

No comments:

Search This Blog