"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Monday, August 30, 2010

Messages of Congratulations


Since the announcement that Kinokuniya Bookstores' Little Tokyo store is carrying The Monster Movie Fan's Guide To Japan, I've received many congratulatory messages.






I just want everyone who sent them to know that they are very much appreciated!

Here's some of them:

"Way to go!"

"Congratulations. Awesome achievement!"

"Excellent!"

"What an accomplishment to actually produce a book let alone gather the interest it has gained. You should be very proud of yourself, I know your mom is."

"She is beaming down upon you. I thank you for sharing the joy from your sense of accomplishment. You are, and have always been, diligent and focused and talented.
I am thrilled for you."

"Well done! Well deserved. Congrats, my friend."

"May I also get in on the congradulations. NOW, where's my ice cream sundae????"

"I am soo glad for you! Its a wonderful feeling when you achieve something!"

"Good job on the book. Why don't we do it in Japanese? Perhaps I could get my wife involved in that, and it could be looked into. I bet NHK might also be interested in a story about this. As you know, I used to work for them, and was on the air for two years with them in the mid 1980s."

"Will be getting our copy next Thursday."

"Just got my copy. Excellent book all around and well done." [Note: the writer picked it up at Kinokuniya Bookstores. - A.]

"Hey, you SHOULD have a genuine feeling of accomplishment! Take it from a guy who knows a little bit about journalism. What you did was awesome!

Again I say .... Omedetō gozai masu, Armand san."

Finally, my daughter wrote:

"It's completely your fault that I'm such a nerd. Gracias." [Note: Oops! Wrong message. The one below is the correct one. - A.]

"Very proud of you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"


Those who helped to put it together and were instrumental in getting it into print should also share in the kudos: J. D. Lees, Archie Waugh and Martin Arlt.

No comments:

Search This Blog