"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Sunday, August 1, 2010

There IS a God!



It is hard to believe it's August already. While it may be August on the calendar, it doesn't seem that way weather-wise.

For the past several nights, I had to put on a jacket at work in Malibu as it became cold and foggy. Even the usually boiling San Fernando Valley has been cooler than usual. Last week we did have a heat wave, but that lasted only a few days. It has only been in the 80s for the past several days. Right now it is only 60 degrees outside.

I was sweating bullets a few of days ago as I found myself short on funds to cover this month's rent. However, there is a God as two checks arrived in the mail on Friday, one from my insurance job and one from ComiXpress (for sales of The Monster Movie Fan's Guide To Japan). While those helped close the gap, I still found myself a little bit short (looks like I spent too much on groceries) and was going to borrow the difference from my cousin on a very short-term basis as I was expecting another check in the coming week.

Proving once again that there is a God, that check showed up in yesterday's mail! That was totally unexpected!

Funny thing, I had a feeling that it all was going to work out in the end anyway.

Note: Proving that Texans have a sense of humor, the photo at top is of a mailbox somewhere in Texas. A friend sent the photo to me.

No comments:

Search This Blog