"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Thursday, August 26, 2010

An Interesting, But Busy Night



It was an interesting, but busy night last night in Malibu.

It started off routinely until I went to patrol one of the gated communities early in my shift. I was going down one street when I spotted actress Shirley MacLaine with her dog (she has a home in the community). She seemed to wave me over so I stopped and rolled down the passenger window to talk to her.

Above, Shirley MacLaine during the filming of "Two Mules For Sister Sara."


She was waiting for a friend to arrive. I introduced myself and she said, "I'm Shirley!" We shook hands. Then I pointed to her and said, "Two Mules For Sister Sara!" At that, she gave a good hearty laugh and said, "Clint [Eastwood] and I would like to forget that one!"



My response was, "Oh, no! That was a fun movie!" Then she said, "Yeah, that was a fun one!" She said she enjoyed working with Eastwood and we proceeded to discuss him at length. I mentioned that I met Eastwood years ago. She asked, "Really? When?" I told her, "It was at something that you'd probably wouldn't go to. It was at Reagan's victory party." She chuckled, "Oh, yes. Clint is a big Republican." I mentioned that I read somewhere he is more of a libertarian in his political views.

We talked for a little bit more and then her friend arrived and we said our goodbyes. I came away with a good impression of Shirley MacLaine. I wouldn't mind talking movies with her again.

Later, things got busy when I received a call at another community about some kids throwing feces all over the community's men's sauna/shower room. I was kept busy interviewing witnesses, photographing the mess, contacting the sheriff and showing them around. At least it made the rest of the shift go much faster.

What will tomorrow bring? We'll see!

1 comment:

Jim Nolt said...

Armand, you should have asked her if she, like her brother, knows Jack. If you watch Madonna's "Truth or Dare," you'll see Jack in the hallway outside Madonna's apartment. Jack told me Beatty invited him along to meet Madonna on a day she was filming part of the movie.

Search This Blog