"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Done For Today!

Above, on Interstate 5 north of Valencia. Normally, I don't wear suits when doing scene investigations (a t-shirt and bluejeans are preferred), but I went directly there from a court meeting. Photo courtesy of CALTRANS.

Today started early (for me, anyway) as I had an 8:30 mandatory settlement conference at the Chatsworth Superior Court.

The plaintiff/claimant was attending a funeral at a San Fernando Valley cemetery when she claimed her foot went into an open, but hidden lawn flower vase/container on a grave. She fell and broke both ankles (she apparently landed on a headstone and broke the other ankle). The demand is over $600k, the cemetery's carrier's offer (based on the cost to defend) is $25k. The cemetery claims the vase was upside down with the solid part facing upwards and that she wasn't watching where she was going. They accept no liability.

As one would expect, neither side would budge on their demands and offers. I was there to represent the insurer. The matter goes to trial in November.

From there, I headed off to an area north of Valencia, California to photograph an accident scene that involved a semi truck and a Lexus passenger vehicle. You can guess which vehicle won that encounter.

I sent my activity sheets and photos off to the boss and made myself lunch when I got home. So now it's kickback time for the rest of the day, which will include a visit by Amber.

No comments:

Search This Blog