"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Monday, August 16, 2010

Spring Cleaning Was A Little Late

I finally got around to dumping a bunch of piled-up junk that accumulated on my dining table (that I use as a desk) and my bar/countertop. I was going to do this last week, but had some claims work assignments that took priority.

It was an accumulation of stuff from over the years, plus stuff that my mom had.

Amongst the piles of stuff that I hauled out (four big trash bags full) included old Christmas cards (heaven knows what years they were from), about 100 police reports or police report face sheets, old newspapers and newspaper clippings, Japan travel propaganda, employment rejection letters (including one from a Facebook friend) from three years ago, bank statements, assorted paycheck stubs (from different employers), old American Rifleman and Westways magazines, and a whole bunch of other items. I even found an assortment of several years of Fred Is Dead Dinner (don't ask) programs.

My dining table, once cleared, got a good polishing and the countertop received a good cleaning. What a difference!

I basically tossed stuff that I obviously didn't need or want. Then I sorted the remaining items into two categories: stuff I wanted to keep and stuff that was "iffy." Then I went through the "iffy" pile and asked myself, "Am I going to ever use this again?" If the answer was "no," then out it went.

When she found out what I accomplished today, my daughter Amber wrote, "I AM SOOO PROUD OF YOU!!!!"

It is amazing that I did this anyway, especially since today was hot and humid. I ended up conking out for 2 hours on the couch. I had a late lasagna dinner (around 8:30) while watching 1972's Elvis On Tour. (By the way, it was 33 years ago today that Elvis died at Graceland in Memphis, Tennessee.)

The next project will be my bedroom. But I'm going to wait for a cooler day to attend to that. Tomorrow will be laundry in the morning and maybe a dip in the pool.

No comments:

Search This Blog