"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Saturday, August 7, 2010

Wild Parrots In Malibu



Yesterday, I saw something unusual for Southern California.

As I was leaving the clubhouse of one of the communities I have to patrol, I heard some loud squawking. I looked up and there was a flock (about 15-20) of wild parrots flying overhead. They all landed in a nearby tree.

The photo below is of the tree. The parrots were green in color, and they blended in with the tree, so they were very hard to see. All I could see was one sitting on top. Unfortunately, all I had was my cell phone camera, and the photo came out very pixelated when using the zoom. I circled the visible parrot.



After I took the picture, I approached the tree and they got startled and took flight.

One other time I saw a flock of wild parrots in Southern California. About a year ago, I saw about 20-30 of them in the Monterey Hills section of Los Angeles.

1 comment:

John Grove said...

I live in Malibu and there are probably thousands of them. I see and hear them everyday.

Search This Blog