"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Thursday, February 10, 2011

Satisfaction In One's Work


Doing things business-wise can either be a chore or it can be an enjoyable experience. I try to enjoy what I do. If I am not enthusiastic about something, then it becomes a chore and the interest level drops.

Left, Miki. Photo by Armand Vaquer.



So far, promoting The Monster Movie Fan's Guide To Japan has become a "third job" for me, but I am having fun doing it and, also, learning things. I am also meeting interesting people while promoting The Guide. Some are in the publishing industry while others are also involved in promoting their own self-published books and we compare notes and share successful techniques. Some I enlisted in helping to promote The Guide.

The ladies I photographed for promotional pictures, Yuu Asakura, Ai and Miki, all worked out splendidly. Having a pretty girl in advertising is a tried & true technique that has been successful (probably) since advertising began. I learned this and other techniques while taking a public relations class at Cal State, Long Beach.

I met and photographed Miki yesterday for a new round of promotional photographs. She has a very sweet demeanor and was easy to work with. She is a college student and I met her through dinosaur expert and filmmaker Donald F. Glut.

I know I enjoyed working with her yesterday and I received a very nice email from Miki last night which read, in part:

Thanks so much for today's shoot. I had a great time. The garden (and sushi, of course) were amazing!


While the aim for promoting items are increased sales, it's the other things (such as the above) that also gives one the feeling of satisfaction and the efforts put into them are indeed worthwhile. You can't put a price-tag on them.

If what one does also provides others pleasure, that's even better!

No comments:

Search This Blog