"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Thursday, February 24, 2011

What A Day (In A Good Way)!


Yesterday was quite a busy day for me.

First, I received a claim assignment to do in the morning in East Los Angeles. I had to take it over from The Boss as she was ill. I had to take an in-person recorded statement on a traffic accident. This was accomplished.

Right, Miki Hayashi with "The Monster Movie Fan's Guide To Japan." The Guide will be available at Monsterpalooza before and after my presentation on kaiju movie locations. Photo by Armand Vaquer.



After this, I stopped and visited some friends for a couple of hours. Following the visit, I headed home with the intent to finish off the claim assignment (writing up the statement summary, uploading photographs, etc.).

Well, when I reached home, I found a message asking me to do a presentation on kaiju movie locations at Monsterpalooza in April. I accepted and worked out the details with the head of the Monsterpalooza show. When all this was completed, I passed the word.

Above, with actor David Hedison at the 2010 Monsterpalooza.

My presentation on kaiju movie locations is scheduled for 8:00 PM April 8. The show will take place at the Burbank Marriott Hotel and Convention Center April 8 - 10. It is a great show with stars to meet and plenty of things to see. I've attended the last two shows and they were very enjoyable.

Above, Frankenstein's Monster and Count Dracula at Monsterpalooza in 2009.

This year's Monsterpalooza will be putting more focus on Japanese science-fiction movies. The original Godzilla suit-actor, Haruo Nakajima, will be attending and Peter H. Brothers will be giving a presentation on Godzilla (1954) director Ishiro Honda. My presentation will be following his.

Above, Armand with Haruo Nakajima in July 2000.

I finally got to wrapping up the claim assignment and got everything sent off to The Boss. When this was done, I looked at the clock at it was 7:00 PM. I didn't feel like cooking dinner, so I headed off to Crazy Tokyo Sushi. Glad I did!

No comments:

Search This Blog