"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Thursday, February 17, 2011

200,000 Views And Climbing!



NOW HEAR THIS!


When AOL decided to do away with their "free" web pages for AOL members (mine was Armand's Corner of the Net), I had to find a different venue.

The answer came through Ken Hulsey, who invited me to be a contributor to Monster Island News. So I accepted and signed up with Blogspot. While doing so, I decided that Blogspot would be a good vehicle to replace the old AOL web page. I then launched Armand's Rancho Del Cielo (the name's in honor of Ronald Reagan's ranch) and used a photo of a mountain in Zion National Park in Utah for the masthead (Can you spot Darth Vader's helmet on the wall of the mountain?).

A few months later, on July 17, 2008, I added a "hit meter" to measure the number of views the new blog received.

The hit meter showed that the blog attracted an ever-increasing amount of viewers during the past three years. And, from the world map gizmo I also added, I found that the blog attracted viewers from all around the world.

Today, the hit meter clocked over 200,000 hits since it was added in July 2008. The last time I looked (earlier today), it was a hair below 200,000. Now, at this writing, it is over 300 hits beyond 200,000.

I'd like to take this opportunity to thank those of you who check in regularly, and, also, those who pop in on occasion!

By the way, the photo that accompanies this blog post is of a store's barker in the Shibuya ward of Tokyo, Japan. I took the photo while there last December.

1 comment:

Vaughn Banks said...

It's a great blog. I try to check it every day.

Search This Blog