"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Sunday, December 27, 2009

A Fine Day



I made good use of today by going to the Little Tokyo section of downtown Los Angeles to pick up a 2010 calendar at Kinokuniya Bookstore and spend some of my Christmas money. Got the calendar. I prefer Japanese calendars because, 1.) they look nice and, 2.), they have two months per page instead of one. This makes scheduling a whole lot easier.

At Kinokuniya, I picked up Yoshikazu Ishii's Cool Dimension. As soon as am done viewing it, I'll post a review. Also, I picked up a Volume 3 DVD of Astro Boy (2004). Besides this one, they also had Volumes 4 and 5. But I figured I'd get 3 first (I still need to get 1 and 2). Kinokuniya also had a box set of the original 1960s Astro Boy cartoons. Unfortunately, they wanted over $125 for the set.

Following my purchases, I had a sushi dinner, which was very good. It was a bento box and it included eel. Yum!

After dinner, I paid a visit to Rebeca, one of my co-workers. We tried out the Astro Boy DVD on her player. She wants to eventually borrow it for her kids to see. She also wants to see Cool Dimension.

She gave me some tamales that she made. I don't think tamales would mix well with sushi, so I'll wait and have them for breakfast. We spent a good amount of time hanging out and the time just went by rapidly.

We had a good laugh while viewing the Astro Boy DVD. We once had a female co-worker named Elia. When I first met Elia, I looked at her (she was a cute Latina ) and I thought she looked like someone familiar, but I just couldn't figure out who.

One night, I was talking with Elia and another girl. Then it hit me. After Elia left, I told the other girl that she reminded me of someone but I couldn't figure out who until that moment and then it hit me. She asked me, "Who?" I said, "Astro Boy!"

She stopped and thought for a minute and let out a big laugh and agreed. Since then, many of us at work referred to Elia as "Astro Boy." Elia looked more like Astro Boy than the recent CGI Astro Boy.

Well, tonight when we watched the Astro Boy DVD, Becky said, "Wow! Astro Boy (Elia) does look like Astro Boy!" Yes, the only thing missing were the red boots.

It was a fine day!

UPDATE (12/29/09): The tamales Becky made were great! Had them for lunch yesterday.

No comments:

Search This Blog