"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Bits and Pieces...

Bits and Pieces...

Comixpress posted a couple of notices that they experienced some technical difficulties last week and that those have been resolved. I received no messages indicating that The Monster Movie Fan's Guide To Japan will suffer any delays. So, as far as I know, the January 4, 2010 availability date is still operational. If there's any changes, I'll advise.



I spoke briefly yesterday with Richard Pusateri. We will met up this coming Saturday at Crazy Tokyo Sushi for a little get-together. We haven't done this in a while and we usually have good conversations over sushi. He was one of many who sent me words of encouragement in the aftermath of the "Christmas Day Massacre."

I ended up working some overtime last night and will do so again tonight. I generally have my laptop with me at work while out in the field. I use it to check for claim assignments and misc. items while on my lunch break via WiFi. Isn't modern technology great?!

Some are wondering why I haven't deleted the notices on Akira Takarada's G-FEST appearance here and at Monster Island News. Takarada is not to blame for any of the mess and he is coming out to meet his fans. He should be given a rousing welcome in gratitude for the years of entertainment he provided us. Also, I'm not a petty person. The crux of the "massacre" were my efforts to benefit the convention, not to hurt it. I'm not going to start on the other path now.

With the events over the weekend taking my full attention, I haven't commented on the big news story over the weekend of the attempted terror attack aboard a jet in Detroit. It's good that the attempt failed (leaving the Islamic terrorist with burned genitals, which won't help him any when he meets his 70 virgins). But how did he get past security? The system didn't work. President Obama, who has to get his mug in every television news show and newspapers, didn't issue a statement until days later. There's a big disconnect going on here.

Word just came in that my good friend Greg Cordaro's dad passed away. My condolences to Greg and his family.

That's it from here.

P.S. Haruo Nakjima's 81st Birthday is coming in 3 days (actually two days, Japan is a day ahead of us). So if you want to post your birthday wishes, go here.

No comments:

Search This Blog