"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Sunday, May 2, 2010

Sometimes Work Gets Interesting or Ladies' Night



My "parachute" job of working security patrol on the swing shift is generally routine: check this, check that, lock this, unlock that, etc. But occasionally things do get a bit interesting.

Last night started out routine. Some of my duties is to check a couple of Malibu beach gated communities. Each has its own clubhouse, tennis courts, swimming pool and jacuzzi. One has saunas in the pool area's men's and women's rooms. One of my duties is to check each to make sure things are in good working order, clean and safe for people to use.

Last night, I went to check the ladies' sauna room. Per procedure, I have to knock on the door and yell "security." This I did. I received no response and heard no one inside, so I opened the door. The saunas in both the men's and women's rooms are just inside the entry door. The saunas have glass doors. When I opened the door, there were some nude mature women in the sauna. When we all made, uh, eye contact, I just said, "Sorry!" and made a hasty retreat. Apparently, once the sauna doors are shut, they can't hear anything from the outside. I certainly couldn't hear anything from them.

Later, we had an intoxicated woman driving a 2008 Porsche into one of the communities. She was speeding and driving erratically. She finally tried to park her car in a guest parking space, but hit a Toyota Tundra and damaged her passenger side fender, door and quarter panel. The truck had minor damage to its truck bed and rear bumper. The woman got out of her car, went into a residence and immediately passed out on a bed.

That doesn't end there. At ten o'clock at night, I have to lock up one community's clubhouse and pool areas. I noticed some personal items near the jacuzzi. Figuring that the items belonged to some women (or girls) likely inside the ladies' restroom and sauna, I started my lock-up of the men's room and sauna. I opened the door to the men's sauna and restroom, and there were two college age males with two college age females in the men's sauna.

I think my supervisor just likes to show up to hear my tales of adventure.

Sometimes you just gotta love Malibu!

UPDATE (5/3/10): The sun glow blob looks like the shape of an American bald eagle. Do you also see it?

No comments:

Search This Blog