"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Saturday, September 25, 2010

Corn Gains 1.7% This Week



This will be the first harvest season in which I will have a vested interest in commodities prices. Specifically, I have my eye on corn prices.

I was reading Bloomberg.com this morning and this is what they say about corn prices:

Corn futures for December delivery rose 22.5 cents, or 4.5 percent, to close $5.2175 a bushel at 1:15 p.m. on the Chicago Board of Trade, the biggest gain since June 30, when the government said farmers planted less than they had planned.

Corn gained 1.7 percent this week, the fourth straight weekly gain. On Sept. 20, the commodity reached $5.2375, the highest level for a most-active contract since Sept. 30, 2008.


This is good news for me. All I have to do is hang on through November. Things are a little tight right now as I received no claim assignments for September. Thank goodness I had some sales of The Monster Movie Fan's Guide To Japan this week.

To read the full article, go here.

No comments:

Search This Blog