"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Thursday, April 5, 2012

Google Chrome Impressions

Above, Jerry "Karlos Borloff" Moore and Armand.

 Blogger (the parent company of this blog) announced that they are upgrading the system this month. Despite a couple of bugs, I was pretty satisfied by the way things ran on the old system.

The other night, I hit the upgrade button and found that the new upgrade was not compatible with my browser (Internet Explorer on Windows XP) and they recommended downloading Google Chrome to make the new system usable.

So I did.

I like the new system except for a bug that makes it difficult to separate paragraphs in a blog post. I find Google Chrome to be user-friendly.

However, there was one unexpected feature that caught me by surprise. I was perusing YouTube through Google Chrome and a little window popped up near the video I was watching asking if I wanted to download the video. Download a YouTube video?! I always thought those were protected.

I gave it a try, and sure enough, I was able to download a video.

The video I downloaded was The Monster Movie Fan's Guide To Japan promo video by Karlos Borloff of Monster Madhouse.

I imagine that it will take a little time and plenty of use to get the full hang of Blogger's new system. But at least I am liking Google Chrome. At least for now.

1 comment:

Gary said...

Armand,

I agree with your remarks on Google Chrome.

Here is another angle. Google "updated" their system to push users into using their chrome system and gain more market share.

Inch by inch they want a monopoly.

Search This Blog