"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Sunday, December 16, 2012

"Godzilla vs. Biollante" (1989) Blu-ray

My Blu-ray of Godzilla vs. Biollante (1989) arrived in the mail today and I managed to skim through it.  I am very pleased at how the movie looks and sounds.  Echo Bridge did a great job on it!

It is hard to believe that this movie is 23 years old!

The choices in sound include 5.1 DTS Original Japanese Language; 2.0 Japanese Language; 1.0 Dolby Original English Language.  One has several choices on subtitles: English language on-screen text; English subtitles translated from original Japanese language; English SDH subtitled to match the English audio track.

Finally, I can watch Godzilla vs. Biollante without that annoying dub ("Godziller," indeed!) that was on the old HBO VHS version.

The Special Feature included is the "Making of Godzilla vs. Biollante" (Behind The Design).  I skimmed through it and it was fun to see Kenpachiro Satsuma in the late, great big pool at Toho Studios in his Heisei Godzilla suit.  It made me a bit nostalgic of my 2001 visit to Toho Studios and being able to see the big pool  and studio as they looked before the pool was removed and new sound stages built.

Above, Richard Pusateri admires Toho's big pool in 2001.  Photo by Armand Vaquer.
From what I've seen so far (I just skimmed through the movie this evening), the Blu-ray edition of Godzilla vs. Biollante is definitely a must-have for Godzilla fans.

No comments:

Search This Blog