"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Monday, December 17, 2012

Haruo Nakajima's 84th Birthday

Above, Haruo Nakajima in 2008.  Photo by Armand Vaquer.

Haruo "Mr. Godzilla" will be turning 84 this coming January 1.  He was born on January 1, 1929 in Yamagata, Japan.

As has been a tradition for the past several years, fans wanting to extend their birthday greetings to Mr. Nakajima can post them below in the comments.  I will begin to forward them to his daughter Sonoe on January 1.

Mr. Nakajima will be a special guest at the Mad Monster Party convention this coming March 22-24, 2013 in Charlotte, North Carolina.


8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Nakajima-san!

Thank you for all the wonderful memories you have given me, my friends, and my family during your time as Godzilla and all the other Toho monsters!

Have fun,

Edward from Miami, Fl, USA.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Mr. Nakajima. I want to extend my best wishes for you and I also want to thank you for the entertainment you have provided. The time you spent in monster suits has given my dad some fond memories that he has been able to pass down to me and my brothers in the form of Godzilla. So thank you and enjoy your birthday.

Brian from Iowa

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday, Mr. Nakajima! My childhood consisted mostly of watching your work as Godzilla. I thank you for all the great childhood memories.
Even a few years later as a sophomore in high school, I find it very pleasing (and sometimes nostalgic!) to just kick back and watch a Godzilla film.


Have a great birthday!
-David S.

teledyn said...

Happy Birthday from Canada!

those films you and your friends made so long ago, they may have seemed so simple and just-so at the time, but they opened my eyes as a young child in the 60's and continue to open the eyes of my own children in this century. Thank you so much.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Nakajima-san!

Your life has been a true inspiration and I thank you for all the amazing memories you have provided, your craft and your excellence shall never be out-done, or forgotten!

Thanks for imbruing me with the spirit of Gojira! Happy Birthday!

-Josh from Idaho, USA.

Josh from Idaho

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday Mr. Nakajima! So many of our lives would be very different without you! Thank you for the impact you've helped make in our world!

Ben Haines said...

Happy Birthday, Mr. Nakajima - 84 years and going strong! You're the man who first brought Godzilla to life and your final performance as the king of the monsters in Godzilla vs. Gigan was unforgettable! I wish you many more happy birthdays to come and I can't wait for the Mad Monster Party in March!

Timothy LaCroix said...

Happy Birthday Mr. Nakajima! I wish you many more years of good health. Godzilla wouldn't have turned out the same without you!

Search This Blog