"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Friday, February 14, 2014

More Snow In Tokyo

Above, the street in front of my hotel this morning. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

It snowed heavily (at least for Tokyo) last night and currently it is raining. This is somewhat beneficial as the rain might melt the snow that has piled up on the streets and sidewalks.

Above, a view of the street near my hotel this morning. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

Fortunately, the trains to Narita International Airport are running. My flight to L.A. has been cancelled due to snow, but I have been re-scheduled to head home via beautiful Guam and Honolulu. The layover in Guam will be about eight hours and Honolulu three. If the Honolulu layover were longer, I may have been able to meet up with my cousin Vince there. Can't win them all.

So, instead of arriving at LAX around three in the afternoon Saturday as originally scheduled, I will arrive Sunday morning at 5:00. Everything's (as Phyllis Coates's Lois Lane would say) "just ducky."

At least I have a box of Tokyo Banana to munch on.

UPDATE: I lucked out and managed to get a direct flight to Los Angeles, so I won't have to mess with going to Guam and Honolulu and will arrive at LAX Saturday morning. It is even better than the original flight(s) I purchased. 

No comments:

Search This Blog