"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Saturday, May 9, 2015

New Acquisition

Above, unpacked, assembled and ready to go. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

Back in 2005, I went on vacation in Japan and I had the thought at the time to buy a folding bicycle to explore around Tokyo.

That thought was dashed as it rained in Tokyo much of the time I was there. But I still wanted to buy a bike for exercise.

I finally did when I received an advertisement from Camping World. The ad had some folding bikes on sale and I decided to buy a six-speed bike.

I ordered it two nights ago and it was delivered last night. I unpacked it this morning and tried it out.

There's an old saying that once someone learns how to ride a bike, they never forget how. This was the case with me as I rode it around for a little bit. However, I do have make some adjustments to the handlebars and seat. And, I have to do some riding to loosen up my 60+ years old leg joints. It had been a while since I last rode a bicycle and the little riding I did this morning made me feel my age a little. It shouldn't take too long since I walk about a half mile during my work shifts on average.

I will be keeping it in the storage compartment in the motorhome. It will be used (once I get more used to it) for riding around campgrounds.

No comments:

Search This Blog