"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Organizing Stuff In The Storage Compartment

Above, a view through the storage bay's large door. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

One of the nice things about the new motorhome is that it has plenty of storage with a large storage compartment that is accessible through two doors, one big and one small.

When I brought the motorhome home from San Diego back in February, I had to stop at the U.S. Border Patrol Station in San Clemente. I was thinking at the time that if I were a "coyote" smuggling illegal aliens, the storage compartment bay could fit in several of them. Fortunately, the Border Patrol waved me through without any need of an inspection (they probably noticed that it was a new vehicle), although a station wagon in the lane to the right of me had to undergo an inspection.

I had to organize the storage bay so that I would be able to fit the new folding bicycle that I bought this week. Also, the equipment had to be organized so that they would fit without sliding around during drives.

I organized everything by size, shape and the frequency of use. Items that I will rarely use were put below or way from items that will be used more frequently.

The two photos below show how they items were placed. The folding bicycle will be able to rest atop them in its carrying/storage bag.

Above, view of the storage bay with the smaller door visible at the upper left. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

Above, all the of gear items fit in nicely without too much effort. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

No comments:

Search This Blog