"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Monday, August 21, 2017

Great American Eclipse Day

Above, the Portneuf River and the Lava Hot Springs City Center KOA. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

Okay, it is almost 4:00 AM on the day of the Great American Eclipse. I was planning on waking up at 4:30 in order to drive 70 miles to the Idaho Falls/Rexburg area to view it. But I woke up at around 1:30 (I went to bed at 9:00).

Above, Sierra enjoying the view. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

I was wondering why I woke up and then I glanced at my phone. It indicated that a voice mail message came in at around 1:30 (12:30 Pacific Time) from Asya in St. Petersburg, Russia. That explains it.

Above, the commemorative t-shirt I picked up in town. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

I tried going back to sleep, but that was a fruitless endeavor so I stayed up to put things away for the drive. I will be heading out in about an hour or so.

It will be interesting to see how the traffic will be. Luckily, the area of Idaho is pretty spread out where the eclipse path takes and that should help with possible traffic congestion.

Fingers crossed!

No comments:

Search This Blog