"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Thursday, August 17, 2017

Made It To Las Vegas

Above, The Beast at the Riviera RV Resort. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

The first stop on my little trek to see the eclipse has been reached. I'm in Sin City itself, Las Vegas. This is the first time being here since New Year's 2016.

I got in to the Riviera RV Resort about an hour ago and it is about 101 degrees outside. This is a nice older RV park on the eastern side of Las Vegas. Right now I am basking in my motorhome with Sierra with the air conditioning on.

On the way, I made the first stop in ages in Baker, California. It's the place Glenn Thornhill and I could not remember about 20 years ago.

The Bun Boy Restaurant and motel is no longer in business. That place was like an institution there. The guy at the Del Taco counter said it had been closed down for about six years.

Here's The Beast with the giant thermometer and the closed up Bun Boy Restaurant and Motel in the background:

Above, The Beast in Baker. The giant thermometer reads 100 degrees. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

There's an interesting place on Baker's main drag: Alien Fresh Jerky. I've never seen it before. A friend asked if it was still there, but at the time I hadn't seen it (or knew what he was talking about).

After leaving Del Taco, I saw it and got this quick photo of it:



One thing I had to do was to exchange a new harness that I bought last night at Petco in Tarzana for Sierra. The one she had got too small (or she got too big). The new one was still too small, so I swapped it at a Petco in Las Vegas.

That one fits:

Above, Sierra with her new harness. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

I don't know what I'll be doing later. 

No comments:

Search This Blog