"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Friday, July 24, 2026

Not A Screw Hole

You learn something new everyday!

I posted at a Winchester 94 Facebook page asking about what screw goes into the hole above the loading gate (see photo) on my rifle.



It turns out, it is NOT a screw hole.

This was a reply I received: 

That is not a screw hole. It is to insert a punch after the screw is removed on the opposite side of the receiver. That allows the lever to be removed so you can take out the bolt.

This explains why I see so many pre-64 Winchester 94 carbines with a hole in the receiver. I was wondering if that was an inherent problem with them. 

Nice to know this was not a problem.

No comments:

Search This Blog