"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Thursday, October 1, 2009

Good Riddance, September!



September came and went in a flash. One day, it was Labor Day and the next the month was over.

For one thing, I'm not going to miss it. Financially-speaking, it was a dreary month. I had to shell out a portion of my meager cash to pay the deductible for the repairs to the 2000 Mustang. That left me with very little cash to play with.

Also, the claims job I have had a very slow month. I only received one assignment for the month. The boss sent me my check yesterday with profuse apologies. Thank God that I have the field supervisor job to keep me going. I sold a gun for more cash (it was a Ruger P-89 9mm that I inherited from my dad that I didn't need as I already have one).

Tomorrow, I am taking in the 1989 Mustang to the body shop for its repairs, and, of course, another deductible to pay. At the end of August, some jack-ball backed into it in a parking lot and left without leaving a note. May a crazed holy man set fire to their nose hairs!

Thank goodness I got some overtime this past week and that'll be a big help. So, I'll be in a little better financial shape than in September.

Let's hope October will be better. At least there's Japan Expo and Halloween to look forward to.

No comments:

Search This Blog