"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Sunday, October 25, 2009

Godzilla On Legendary Pictures List Of "To Dos"?

Photo by Armand Vaquer.

Godzilla On Legendary Pictures List Of "To Dos"?

by Armand Vaquer

In a recent issue of Rue Morgue magazine, Michael Dougherty was interviewed about his new movie, Trick R Treat.

In the interview, Dougherty said this:

Every project I do goes back to what I was exposed to as a kid: X-Men, Superman, Halloween. I can't elaborate too much on my next film, but I will just say my other passion growing up was Godzilla. I'm crossing off the checklist that I first wrote when I was about nine.


Longtime Godzilla fan John DeSentis noted on his Facebook blog:

What does that have to do with anything? Simply that Michael Dougherty has been a collaborator of Bryan Singer's since X2 and Singer's LEGENDARY PICTURES produced Trick R Treat. Now the rumors would SEEM to have a bit more too them...even if nothing is set nor might be set.


So it appears that this may be a not-too-subtle hint that the rumored Legendary Pictures' Godzilla project is next to be "checked off" on Dougherty's list of "to dos." We'll see.

In the words of Toho's L.A. office, "No comment. [Snicker!]"

[Special thanks to John DeSentis for the head's up on this.]

UPDATE (10/27/09): Avery Guerra posted this over at the Monster Zero forum:

OK, Michael Dougherty is NOT attached to this project. My contact contacted him about it yesterday [even though we already knew the answer]. He said no. He was referring to "Calling All Robots". I thought that I had already cleared that up.


If "we" already knew the answer, then why the necessity to check? Apparently, the rumor had some legs to it and there was a possibility that it could just be true after all.

1 comment:

Evan Brehany said...

This is interesting to hear. Especialy since Trick R Treat was made by Legendary Pictures, so I am not surprised that they would keep this in their loop of directors.

Though thinking criticaly, maybe when he said "Godzilla", maybe he was just saying that instead of "giant monster movies" since Godzilla is going to get more of a responce. I think that this is interesting, especialy since there is a new rumor going around that an officil statement on the project is said to be release sometime between now and the end of the year...

Search This Blog