"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Sunday, January 23, 2011

"His Master's Voice"

Above, Nipper in my bookcase.

During December's trip to Japan, I made a stop in the Nakano section of Tokyo to the Broadway Mall to talk to the book buyer at Mandarake about The Monster Movie Fan's Guide To Japan.


While there, I spotted a figurine of Nipper, the symbol of RCA Victor. You're probably familiar with Nipper and the slogan, "His Master's Voice." (See the History of Nipper.) I was sorely tempted to buy it on the spot, but decided to wait.

After my side trip to Niigata, I returned to Tokyo and headed back over to Nakano. I didn't see anything kaiju that caught my fancy, but I decided to pick up Nipper. It was only about $20.00.

Above, the entrance to the Broadway Mall in Nakano, Tokyo.

Nipper now proudly sits in a bookcase next to my Lucky Cat (that I bought on a previous trip to Japan) in my living room. The only thing I need is a gramophone to go along with Nipper.

No comments:

Search This Blog