"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Camcorder Repaired - Tokyo Video Finally Viewed

Above, Asahi Beer Hall and Tokyo Sky Tree across the Sumida River from Asakusa.

My Hi8 camcorder has been repaired and I finally was able to view my video tape of my December trip to Japan.

One night, after I screened Space Battleship Yamato, I was at Ginza Crossing and was fumbling around getting my still camera ready to take some photos when my camera bag flipped over and my camcorder tumbled out onto the pavement. Thank goodness the lens was undamaged, but something inside broke so that the tape would not properly wind. That's that for this trip!

I had forgotten what I shot (although I knew it was all confined to Tokyo) and so what I viewed was a revelation.

What's on the tape:

Tsukiji Fish Market
Sushi restaurant in Tsukiji
Toho Studios
Asahi Beer Hall
Tokyo Sky Tree Tower
Asakusa Kannon Temple
Hibiya Godzilla Statue
Ginza Crossing
Yurakucho Mullion Building Clock playing Christmas music (sounded like Mannheim Steamroller)
The Beat Diner
Ginza at night

No comments:

Search This Blog