"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Lunch Today With Peter H. Brothers

Above, here we are at Crazy Tokyo Sushi with me holding The Daily Yomuiri article and Pete with his book on Ishiro Honda during the "show & tell segment" of our lunch.

At lunchtime today, I met up with Mushroom Clouds and Mushroom Men: The Fantastic Cinema of Ishiro Honda author Peter H. Brothers at Crazy Tokyo Sushi in Tarzana.

We discussed my efforts in promoting his book as well as The Monster Movie Fan's Guide To Japan during my December trip to Japan. An Italian free-lance writer living in Japan contacted me a week or so ago and wanted to do a write-on The Guide, but the publications he does write for have already been covered. I did direct him to Pete and they will be working on some articles on Pete's book for the Japanese media.

Apparently, Pete missed the "shameless plug" his book received in my interview with Japan Today.

I brought along the Metropolis magazine and The Daily Yomiuri articles on the travel guide for our "show & tell segment" during our lunch.

We also caught up on different things more local in the world of kaiju fandom.

1 comment:

Peter H. Brothers said...

I hear that Brothers is a heavy tipper!

Search This Blog