"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Monday, May 9, 2011

My Take On Some GOP Presidential Candidates



The GOP presidential nomination race is only just beginning. I have not settled on anyone yet, but I see problems with some of the candidates and others I really don't like.

So far:

Romney - How is he going to be able to attack Obamacare when he signed into law the Massachusetts health care law while he was governor? Additionally, he defends it still.

Gingrich - squishy on illegal immigration; circumstances of his stepping down from congress.

Huckabee - He just rubs me the wrong way. Reminds me of a Hubert Humphrey with a Southern drawl. Also, his collusion with McCain in '08 against Romney left a bad taste.

Daniels - a wimp on social issues (calls for a "truce" on discussing social issues); favorite of beltway GOP establishment and media; flirted with Value Added Tax (VAT); doubtful if he would take it to Obama.

Whomever is nominated, he/she has to be able to raise money to counter Obama's warchest. No squishy moderates or RINOs for me!

No comments:

Search This Blog