"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Thursday, August 18, 2016

"Hot Bench" Wants Me


Last night, as I was heading out the door to go get some dinner, a UPS Express Envelope was sitting on my doormat.

It was from Joe Scott, the producer of the syndicated court television program, Hot Bench. They also produce Judge Judy.

Hot Bench features small claims cases from around the country and they are interested in having my Small Claims Court case against Jacquese Scott on their show.

It is tempting, I must admit, to do this. Should I win my case, I am guaranteed that I would receive the money awarded by their Arbitration Panel within 30 days. If the case is selected for Hot Bench, a guaranteed "minimum payment" is given (to both parties, I presume) for appearing on the show.

This is the second Small Claims Court case I've filed where I was approached to have it adjudicated on television. This happened two years ago when I filed a Small Claims Court case against an engine re-builder (I won). I decided against it.

It will be even more tempting to have my other Small Claims Court case (against my former "other half" Denise Santos) on the show, should I be approached again (considering the amount involved). That would be one case that's worth entertaining to watch! That case will be hot, in more ways than one!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I vote YES!!!! Go for it! You were scammed!

Unknown said...

Hi Cousin: I second the motion......It will make great court TV and you may be offered your own reality show next.....who knows ? I'm sure there are other men who have been in your shoes and didn't have the opportunity you do so they never knew what the outcome may have been. A lot of questions will be answered for them through you. I won't miss it !!! Love you

Armand Vaquer said...

Hi, Cuz: It just so happens that I spoke with the producer of "Hot Bench" earlier and they want the other case. They agree that it would make "great(er) court tv" than this one. I submitted it to them this morning.

Their limit is $5,000, but they pay it should I win. Part of a loaf is better than no loaf at all.

Unknown said...

I've looked for the full ep on the Hot Bench YT channel... was it ever released?

Armand Vaquer said...

Not to my knowledge. - A.

Search This Blog