"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Tuesday, August 30, 2016

It's Official! Party Is October 2nd!

Above, yours truly at the Odyssey Restaurant today.

To nicely cap off an otherwise great day, I headed to the Odyssey Restaurant to formally book the unveiling party for the portrait painting by Asya.

Since I didn't have anything to eat before heading off to Small Claims Court in Van Nuys (I won!), I decided that I should treat myself to a nice lunch with a glass of white zinfandel to celebrate.

The catering director was in a meeting when I arrived, so I let the girl at the front desk know and proceeded to the dining room for lunch.

I chose a prime rib French Dip sandwich and a salad with bleu cheese dressing.

As I was in the midst of paying the tab, the catering director came over to my table (perfect timing!) and we proceeded to the lounge area to begin our booking transactions.

Above, the Atlantis Room. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

We will be holding the party in the Atlantis Room (downstairs) on Sunday, October 2 at 1:00 P.M., which includes a connecting patio with a great view of the San Fernando Valley. The Odyssey Restaurant is on a hilltop near the I-405 freeway in Granada Hills.

The party will be hosted (by yours truly) and will include hors d' oeuvres, wine and (for non-drinkers) ice tea.
Above, Asya.

The munchies include: deviled eggs, mini crab cakes, antipasto skewers, assorted cheeses (since we're serving wine, you gotta have cheese!) and sesame crusted chicken skewers.

Asya is arranging for some "door prizes" of "adult beverages" and cigars.

Along with the portrait of yours truly by Asya, we're expecting to display more paintings by her (available for purchase) and by another artist, Mariia Malygina.

The number of people for the party is limited, but if you wish to attend, email me at AMVaquer@aol.com and I'll "squeeze" you in. But, once you R.S.V.P. your confirmation, please be sure to attend as I am paying for this stuff. The Odyssey doesn't allow doggie bags for any leftovers.

If you've never been to the Odyssey Restaurant and Event Center, this will be a great experience for you!

No comments:

Search This Blog