"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Wednesday, August 17, 2016

Meanwhile, At The Odyssey...

Above, the main entrance to The Odyssey Restaurant. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

Today was spent taking care of business in Van Nuys and in Chatsworth.

I met with the catering manager at the Odyssey Restaurant to see about holding the portrait unveiling party/get-together there.

Above, a view of the room from the entry. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

The room I selected is a nice, small room with access to the patio area with fine views of the San Fernando Valley. The Odyssey is perched on a hilltop near the I-405 freeway. The room is ideal as it is bright for guests to view paintings.

Above, inside looking towards the patio that is part of the room. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

We reviewed the party packages they have to offer. The one I have in mind is well within the budget I've set. They will also have easels available for artist Asya to display some of her paintings.

Above, looking towards the patio with the I-405 freeway at left. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

I discussed all this with Asya and she is very impressed with the room and the views (I sent her photos of the room).

Above, the room has its own bar. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

She has some sponsors who would donate sake, vodka and tequila for the party. As the Odyssey won't allow outside food or drinks to be served there, we would likely make these door prizes. Also, she has a friend who is willing to give a few boxes of fine Nicaragua cigars as well.

Above, the room's dining area. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

I am looking to hold this near the end of September. I just have to decide on the package, etc. to go with and pick the date.

Stay tuned!

No comments:

Search This Blog