"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Photo Shoot and Gladstone's

Above, Asya and I at Gladstone's today. 

Nothing to speak of was on today's agenda until I received a text message from Asya (Anastasia) last night asking me to come over today so she could photograph some ties for a friend who is starting up an online men's apparel business (he's also her landlord). She asked to use my Canon Rebel camera.

I agreed to do so and thought this would be a good opportunity to take her to Gladstone's 4 Fish in Pacific Palisades after the photo work was done. We couldn't go to Gladstone's last weekend as they were closed due to a wedding reception.

I got to her apartment around 12:30 and we began work in one of the building's conference rooms that's also on her floor.

With rapid speed (this is one girl who knows what she's doing), she had the ties all laid out on a table with white sheeting underneath.

Above, Asya preparing a photo set-up. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

She tried various camera exposure settings, with and without flash, on each of the ties. I let her get her work done and just held back and gave her technical help when asked. We wrapped up the photography around 2:30 and then headed off for Gladstone's.

Above, Asya shooting a tie. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

I haven't been to Gladstone's since I was last there with "Somebody That I Used To Know" (as in the song of the same name) back in April. It was great being back there again, especially with someone who is grateful and appreciative (in fact, everyone I've gone out with lately are classy and appreciative). Asya is great company. She immediately loved the ambiance of Gladstone's.


Above, Asya uploading her photos. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

While waiting for our order (crab cake, an oyster platter and New England clam chowder), she downloaded the photographs to her laptop. The download worked perfectly. Tonight, she's going to be formatting them to present them.

Above, the meal has arrived. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

On the way back to her apartment, she marveled at how I seem to have such a leisurely life of traveling, dining out and other things. I responded that I also get to go out with beautiful women. And, I added, "It's a dirty job, but somebody's got to do it! Life is rough!" She had a good laugh over that.

Today turned out to be an enjoyable one. 

No comments:

Search This Blog