"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Saturday, August 6, 2016

"Suicide Squad"



My former roomie, Jes and I went to go see Suicide Squad this afternoon. We picked the 3D version.

The online synopsis of the plot is as follows:
Figuring they're all expendable, a U.S. intelligence officer decides to assemble a team of dangerous, incarcerated supervillains for a top-secret mission. Now armed with government weapons, Deadshot (Will Smith), Harley Quinn (Margot Robbie), Captain Boomerang, Killer Croc and other despicable inmates must learn to work together. Dubbed Task Force X, the criminals unite to battle a mysterious and powerful entity, while the diabolical Joker (Jared Leto) launches an evil agenda of his own.
I never read the comic book from DC Comics, so I went into the theater not really knowing what to expect (Jes picked the movie, anyway).

Frankly, outside of the 3D and special effects, I wasn't really too impressed. Sure, the movie had lots of action, but it seemed like the set-up of getting the baddies together for the top-secret mission was rushed and it wasn't all that clear what the objective was.

Ben Affleck had a cameo appearance as Batman. Supposedly, The Flash was also in it, but apparently his scene(s) zipped by at super-speed so I missed him. Superman was mentioned a number of times. Jared Leto had to be the oddest Joker I've ever seen. Will Smith was, typically, Will Smith. He really didn't bring much to this movie.

About the only thing that caused us any real excitement was when Jes almost had to perform CPR on me as I just about choked on a plain M & M candy.

I did like Margot Robbie's take as Harley Quinn. She also was pleasant to the eyes. Outside of that, Suicide Squad was a yawner to me.

My grade: B-.

No comments:

Search This Blog