"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Friday, March 19, 2010

A Fine Week!

Above, Yuu Asakura. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

Tomorrow, I'll be starting my new "parachute" job that will help make ends meet whenever the insurance claims work slows again. The swing shift hours will make it more convenient for me to do insurance work during the day. I don't have to be there until 5:00 PM.

I'll be patrolling around in an exclusive gated community near the beach in Malibu. How's that for nice scenery? I hope the patrol car has a CD player so I can play my Beach Boys CDs in it.

This has turned out to be a good week. The Monster Movie Fan's Guide To Japan is selling (no word yet on my shipment); insurance claims work is coming in; money is flowing in; I scored a victory over a knuckleheaded CHP cop in traffic court; and now a new job. Plus, had an enjoyable evening last night at the Los Angeles Science Fantasy Society meeting.

I spent most of today in an orientation class at the new company. I was the only one who showed up on-time (actually early by about 20 min.) while everyone else in the class showed up 15-20 min. late. Nothing like making a good first impression to a new employer!

I wouldn't mind having more weeks like this. A fine week it was!

1 comment:

Maria Malone said...

Hey Cuz, Congratulations! Patience paid off. You deserve the best! Good luck with all of your endeavors. Prayer is strong and it looks like yours have been answered. I love you Cuz, As always, Maria

Search This Blog