"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Memorial Day



Had a very nice Memorial Day today.

Started off sleeping a little later than usual. I actually got more sleep hours in by going to bed earlier than usual and getting up later than usual.

After breakfast and tinkering around, headed out to Lake Elsinore (actually Wildomar) to my cousin's, with a stop en route to visit a friend.

I had considered going to Riverside National Cemetery to visit my parents' grave, but the day was getting late and the traffic at the cemetery might be horrendous. So I decided against it.

I got to Lake Elsinore in little over an hour and a half (I was hitting 85 m.p.h. without even realizing it at times). Traffic going to and coming from Lake Elsinore was relatively light. It made for a faster and enjoyable ride. It took me only an hour and a half to get home as well.



Had a relaxing day visiting with family (poor Amber had to work today). My cousin's husband Fred built a nice waterfall fountain in the pool area, it took him about a year or so to get it done. My cousin Maria almost destroyed it in seconds while driving a little utility vehicle (sort of like a golf cart). She plowed it into the fence just behind the fountain. No injuries, just minor damage to the vehicle and an embarrassed cousin.

Fred is getting ready to convert an old jacuzzi into a fire pit.



The family was treated to bar-b-cue (steaks) and for dessert, lemon merangue pie (no, not Margie's pie that was taken to Alaska by Sylvester J. Superman (Chuck Connors)).



A nice relaxing day.

No comments:

Search This Blog