"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Thursday, June 17, 2010

Wuz Up?



Yesterday was a busy day. I had to do some claims work in the late-morning/early-afternoon.

I had to go to Santa Fe Springs, which was about an hour's drive each way and then wrapping things up in Woodland Hills. For about 3 1/2 hours of work, I made more money doing that (which includes drive time and mileage) than a whole shift of security patrolling in Malibu. I just wish the claims work wasn't so sporadic.

Speaking of Malibu, caught two more teens (a boy and girl, both about 15-17) in one of the community's women's shower room yesterday. I spotted him going in while patrolling the community's clubhouse. Nothing hilarious to warrant a full "Tales of Adventure In Malibu." He fussed about it, but I pointed to the "Women" sign on the door and asked him, "What part of the word women do you not understand?" Before this happened yesterday, I was told by one of the office ladies at the community that once school ends (college and high school) things will get wild there. I asked, "Even more so than what I've already experienced?" She said yes. At least I'll be able glean some more material to entertain Rancho readers with.

This morning, I shipped copies of The Monster Movie Fan's Guide To Japan to a dealer so they can be sold at the Monster Bash convention and got myself a much-needed haircut.

The insurer for my mom's doctor and Axminster Medical Group sent me a medical records authorization form for completion, so they can obtain my mom's medical records and investigate our claim for medical malpractice. This will take a while, but I am familiar at how the claims process works. It is our contention that she was misdiagnosed and her doctor failed to timely have a MRI done as requested by my mom's oncologist. He requested an urgent MRI. Several days elapsed before one was even scheduled. Had she had the MRI on the urgent basis, they would have been able to find the problem and she'd be alive today. There are other issues involved including non-responses to my telephone calls. I have the telephone records during the weeks preceding my mom's death.

My daughter Amber sent me several emails detailing my mom's problems before her hospitalization. Thank goodness she is a biology major and understands the terminology and was able to refresh my memory. Due to the stress I was going through then, I had forgotten a lot of it. I told her to save her emails, we may need them later when or if we are statementized during the investigation.

Well, that's it from here.

No comments:

Search This Blog