"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Saturday, June 12, 2010

Dollar vs. Yen: Stable But Low



It's been a while since I took a look at the current exchange rates between the U.S. Dollar and the Japanese Yen. So, I went over to XE.com's currency converter and this is today's result:

1.00 USD = 91.6400 JPY


The dollar vs. the yen has been relatively stable, but at a lower exchange rate than three years ago when I was able to get 116 yen for every dollar I exchanged. I always exchanged my currency at Narita Airport upon arrival in Japan.

I am currently planning a trip to Japan for this coming autumn, so I should keep a closer eye on the exchange rates. While the rates are much lower than I would like, at least it isn't in the 80s as it was only months ago.

If the rates stay about the same as it is now (hopefully it will go higher, not lower), I would probably have to bring more dollars than I normally would to make up the difference.

No comments:

Search This Blog