"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Recent DVD Viewings

A bunch of DVDs came my way this past week. My cousin gave me a half dozen and I picked up The Wolfman DVD at the local CD/DVD store.

Here's my thoughts on a couple of them:

Above, "The Wolfman" returned to the silver screen and now on DVD.

The Wolfman (2010) - I enjoyed the theatrical version when it first came out. The director's cut fleshes out more of the back story. Although I liked the movie in general, I really didn't like Sir John Talbot's characterization (played by Anthony Hopkins). He's a despicable person in this version. I preferred the tragic aspects of John Talbot in the original (played by Claude Rains) to this. Had John Talbot's character retained the characterization as in the original, I would have liked the movie a lot more. I found Benecio del Toro's portrayal of Lawrence Talbot to be very good. He seemed to channel Lon Chaney Jr. quite well at times. My grade: A-.

Above, Megan Fox in "Jennifer's Body."

Jennifer's Body (2009) - A high school teen (Megan Fox) is turned into a flesh-eating succubus by a rock band who also practices the black arts. This black comedy horror film was written by Diablo Cody and directed by Karyn Kusama. The film also stars Amanda Seyfried as Jennifer's best friend. This was an entertaining little movie. My grade: A-.

No comments:

Search This Blog