"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Friday, June 11, 2010

Happenings

Above, Yuu Asakura. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

Spent most of the morning doing some banking (lots of deposits, so thank-you "God of Accounts Receivable") and getting some packing supplies. This also included a stop at the post office to obtain costs to ship multiple copies of The Monster Movie Fan's Guide To Japan to the dealers attending Monster Bash and G-FEST. Thank goodness the line at the post office was short, so I was able to make some purchases in very little time.

Got my Nebraska attorney's final check into the mail yesterday. He did a great job for me and I would recommend him to anyone who needs a Nebraska estate attorney. His name is Thomas Tye II of Tye & Rademacher. He got everything done faster than I expected and his rates were reasonable. I am so used to seeing and auditing (often excessive) California attorney bills that his was like a breath of fresh air.

Today marks the 31st anniversary of John Wayne's passing and the first day I worked as an insurance claims examiner. I remember that day like it was yesterday.

I received an email today from a friend who is a former police officer and detective for the Culver City Police Dept. He is retired, but works some security for the studios.

Last night, he worked the AFI Awards and sent me this photo that has him in the background:



Summer is nearing and it is warmer in Malibu. I haven't had to put on my jacket in days. No interesting Malibu "adventures" to report on this week, so far. We still have tonight and the weekend to go.

No comments:

Search This Blog