"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Thursday, July 1, 2010

July Already?!



July already?!

This year seems to be whizzing by at hyper-speed. It all started with my mom's final illness and passing in January and getting The Monster Movie Fan's Guide to Japan launched. It was a slow start due to my mom's passing, but things have picked up and are rolling along quite nicely.

The photo shoot in March with Yuu Asakura was accomplished and was enjoyable. The photos from that shoot have been nice eye-catchers for the Guide. I plan to do a second round of promotional photos this fall. The shoot with Yuu seems to making her a "household name" in kaiju fan circles.

Another shocking death occurred in March, when my friend Mitch's wife Denise died of a blood clot to her lung. She was only 55. We've known her since college.

Things seemed to be getting better when I got re-acquainted and involved with Ally. Unfortunately, that turned out to be a "bum steer" since I found she was weaving a tangled web of lies. I ended that. It's better to find out about things sooner rather than later. The fortunate off-shoot of that was I gained a good circle of friends. So, sometimes there is a silver lining to some dark clouds.

The job in finishing up my mom's estate matters was completed in May. So now, for the first time in my life, I am a "land baron." I have a lot to learn about the agriculture industry. My farm's tenant has been a big help and has been the Buffalo County, Nebraska agriculture agencies and (surprise!) the U.S. Dept. of Agriculture.

At least I am getting more insurance claim work these past few months than I did at the final quarter of 2009. My "parachute job" of patrolling Malibu is helping to supplement my income and guarantees that the bills are paid. If the insurance work were more steady and reliable (not sporadic), I'd be able to drop the patrol job. At least I am working in a beautiful area and have had some interesting experiences (as recounted in my Tales of Adventure In Malibu).

Will the second half of 2010 be better? Who's to say? But as far as I am concerned, it couldn't be any worse than the first part of the first half. But, I am expecting it to be much better. While the first half of the year did have its pluses, my mom's unexpected death still cast a major pall over those months.

As soon as I receive the funds, I am immediately making my reservations for a return trip to Japan. This will be the first time in three years since I've set foot there. It will be nice to get back to the Land of the Rising Sun. I can use the R & R and visit with friends there.

Although J. D. Lees and I had a falling-out last December, the Guide will be available at G-FEST XVII next week at Monsterland Toys' booth in the dealers room.

I am also looking forward to a major political shift this coming November when the general elections are held. Conservatives have been winning their primary battles over RINO Republicans. The stimulous/porkulous bills have been failures. Obama has shown he's inept as a leader in his handling of the Gulf oil spill. The economy is either stalled or sinking again. It doesn't look good for the political elites. Once a new congress is installed, maybe the excesses of the past year and a half can be reversed and get this economy moving forward again.

The current news of former Vice President Al Gore's alleged sexual assault on a masseuse is both disgusting and hilarious. He's beyond creepy if the allegations are true. No wonder Tipper left him.

As of now, I am feeling optimistic.

No comments:

Search This Blog