"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Meanwhile, At The CHP

Spent some time at the Woodland Hills office of the California Highway Patrol today. I had a new insurance claim assignment to pick up an accident report face sheet (this is the page that tells who the parties are in an accident).

Generally, this usually doesn't take longer than a half hour to do, but today the woman at the CHP office where the report originates from (they fax it to Woodland Hills) who handles sending the reports, went to lunch. So, after waiting in the Woodland Hills office for an hour and fifteen minutes, they asked if it would okay for them to take my number so they could call me when the report comes in, instead of having me waiting there. I told them that it would be okay.

So I left and proceeded to refuel my car (for the trek to Malibu for tonight's shift) and a stop at Henry's Farmers Market for some fruit (and to check in with Heather).

I got good prices on organic Valencia oranges (3 for $1.00) and bananas (almost two pounds for $1.35) at Henry's. After chatting a bit with Heather, I headed out and while doing so, I received the call from the Woodland Hills CHP that the face sheet was there for me.

Some would complain about being kept waiting, but since I was on the clock, it was fine with me. I really didn't charge for the return trip to the CHP.

All in all, it worked out pretty good!

UPDATE: Just had one of the oranges. Verdict: Excellent!

No comments:

Search This Blog