"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Friday, July 16, 2010

Rain and Heat In L.A.

It is around 12:40 here in Tarzana, California and I just finished breakfast and now kicking back for a spell with a cup of coffee.

Why the late breakfast?

I had to go 30 miles to Pasadena to statementize a claimant on an auto accident claim and photograph her vehicle. The claimant is Chinese (Cantonese) and speaks very limited English, so I had to enlist the services of an interpreting company to translate her statement.

What was interesting about the trek to Pasadena was that I was hit by a few rain squalls on the way. It is rare for Los Angeles to receive rain during July and August, but it appears to be a monsoon-type of system. It has been hot and humid for the past couple of days (feels like Kyoto, Japan in the summer). Huge storm clouds gathered over the San Gabriel Mountains yesterday, and eventually they moved over L.A.

When I left my apartment to go to Pasadena, the ground was wet from rain and it was very cloudy. At least that kept the temperature down into the upper 70s. It will go up as soon as the skies clear. An Acura dealer's temperature sign in Calabasas yesterday read 109 degrees at 4:00 PM.

To finish up the claim assignment, I have to listen to the tape and summarize it on a summary form and send it off to the boss along with my activity billing sheet. I should get that done in the next hour or so.

Then, after an hour or two of relaxing, it's off to Malibu!

No comments:

Search This Blog