"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Monday, April 25, 2011

End of April



It is hard to believe that in five days April will be over. It seems like only yesterday that I was preparing for my April 8 presentation on Japanese monster movie locations at Monsterpalooza (photo above) and getting my taxes paid.

It is gratifying that Haruo Nakajima had such a great reception and his American handlers (August Ragone, Dave Chappel, et al.) did such a great job. Plus, they raised a good sum of money for Japan earthquake relief.

As of late, I've been working almost continuously since Thursday night. This is due to some claim assignments that came in along with my parachute job. I had to work Saturday and last night (at least it was close by, up in the hills above Tarzana) and I worked a claim assignment in Burbank this morning and will be working in Studio City this evening. So far, I have a mandatory settlement conference in Van Nuys court on another claim tomorrow morning. When I say "so far," I mean that anything could change between now and then. After the settlement conference, my work schedule appears to be clear until Thursday night.

But I'm not complaining! I can use the cash! (I should be getting holiday pay for last night for Easter Sunday, which also helps.)

Tomorrow, after my work is done at the Van Nuys court, all I have to do is to send off my property tax payment for the farm in Nebraska.

Then, I can relax!

No comments:

Search This Blog