"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Friday, April 1, 2011

Monsterpalooza: One Week Away!



"Scene To Seen," Friday, April 8 at 8:00 PM
One week from today, Monsterpalooza opens at the Burbank Marriott Hotel and Convention Center. My presentation, "Scene To Seen" will be the second presentation of the convention, following Pete Brothers.

As tomorrow is an off day, I will take advantage of it to get my narrative written on 3x 5" cards (I find these easier to read than having typed sheets of paper when wearing non-bifocal eyeglasses for poor distance vision even though I see just fine without them while reading. I need to keep them on so I can see the audience to take questions.). I have over 70 photographs to show and describe (to varying degrees).



The last time I did any public speaking using cards was for the dedication ceremony of the Frank del Olmo Elementary School (above). There, I spoke on the school site's history (Raymond Burr's Godzilla, King of the Monsters! scenes were filmed there in 1956 and a plaque at the school's entrance commemorates it). The card notes definitely come in handy in case I get a "senior moment" during my talk.

Eliot Brodsky, who heads up Monsterpalooza, requested that I get there as close to 4:00 PM this coming Friday as possible. As soon as Miki arrives at my place in Tarzana, we'll be making the 15-mile drive to Burbank. (Just hope the Friday rush-hour traffic cooperates!)


Above, Miki and Armand.


As mentioned previously, the presentation will be based on The Monster Movie Fan's Guide To Japan and the guidebook will be available for purchase before and after the presentation (at a 20% Monsterpalooza discount). It begins Friday, April 8 at 8:00 PM.

Hope to see you there!

For additional information on Monsterpalooza, go here.

No comments:

Search This Blog