"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Wednesday, July 30, 2014

All Nippon Airways Back In The Black

Above, ANA's display of their Business Class seating at the L.A. Travel & Adventure Show. Photo by Armand Vaquer. 

Singapore's Channel NewsAsia reported that All Nippon Airways (ANA) had swung back into profitability this year.

They reported:
TOKYO: Japan's All Nippon Airways (ANA) said on Wednesday (July 30) it had swung back to profitability in the three months to June, thanks to an expansion at a Tokyo airport and a change to its pension plan. 
The carrier said net profit was 3.5 billion yen ($34 million) against a loss of 6.6 billion yen a year earlier, while quarterly sales rose 10.0 percent to 386.8 billion yen. It also logged an operating profit of 347 million yen, from an operating loss of 5.6 billion a year ago. 
The sharp improvement came as ANA expanded its international services, benefiting from a major expansion of Tokyo's downtown Haneda Airport, which helped offset a jump in operating expenses mainly due to higher fuel costs.
After my disappointing flights on United Airlines (once my favorite U.S. carrier) last February, I decided that my future trips will be on either Korean Air (I've flown with them several times and felt well taken care of and the food was good), Singapore Air (I had a good experience with them) or ANA. I am leaning towards ANA. I joined ANA's Mileage Club and am looking forward to trying them out. I was impressed by ANA's staff when I visited their displays at last year's Los Angeles Travel & Adventure Show in Long Beach.

To read the full article, go here.

No comments:

Search This Blog